Coming home doesn't mean the battle is over. With over 10 times the amount of veterans lost to suicide than to combat operations in the same time period, there has never been a more important time to TAKE A STAND and DO something to support our veterans!! If you or someone you know is suffering from PTSD, we have people that have shared a similar experience and are ready to help.
Due to COVID-19, VFW Post 1970 with be taking some precautions to limit the risk of exposure of COVID-19 to our members, auxiliary and community.
- All events are cancelled until further notice, including all bands, karaoke, benefits and parties.
- All meals are cancelled until further notice.
- The hall and kitchen areas are closed until further notice, which includes the pool table and restrooms in the rear of the building.
The Canteen will remain the only open area of the VFW (subject to laws).
- The use of glass is suspended, all drinks will be served from plastic single-use disposable cups including draft beer, with the exception of bottled beer.
- The bar surface and tables will remain clear at all times and wiped down regularly.
- All condiments from the Canteen have been removed.
- Popcorn machine operation has been suspended.
The entire Post has been disinfected with bleach and Lysol disinfectant spray. Hand sanitizer is available in the Canteen.
These rules apply to all members and guests, no exceptions! All guests are required to sign in.
As we work through these difficult times, I ask all of you to be safe. Please inform me or any Officer immediately if you know of any VFW or Auxiliary members who are in need.
VFW Post 1970
...we want to welcome today's military service members into our ranks to become part of our elite group.
WWII, Korean War, Vietnam War, Persian Gulf War, Kosovo, War in Afghanistan, War in Iraq, War on Global Terror and other Peace-Keeping Expeditionary Campaigns throughout the globe.
That from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion—that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain—that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom—and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth. - President Abraham Lincoln
The willingness of America's veterans to sacrifice for our country has earned them our lasting gratitude.
NEW ORLEANS - Veterans of Foreign Wars National Commander Harold "Hal" Roesch II presented the VFW Life Saving Award to two St. Ch...
WASHINGTON - The Veterans of Foreign Wars and Student Veterans of America are now accepting applications from student veterans who...